Saturday, July 11, 2015

And the Journey begins, again

So here I am again, post baby and ready to lose this baby weight, again.  I just had my 3rd and last baby June 8th, 2015.  I'm almost 5 weeks postpartum.  I have at least another week before I can begin exercising due to having my 3rd c-section.  My plan is to focus on my eating habits for the next 3 weeks and then beginning August 1st, I'll start my 30 day challenges.

Some of you may recall when I did this just 2 years ago after baby #2 was born.  I had gained 60lbs that pregnancy, tipping the scale at 225lbs.  It had been a stressful and emotional pregnancy and I ate horribly.  With a simple diet change I dropped 40lbs the first few months after giving birth and then stalled at 185lbs.  After seeing this photo of myself in May I decided I had to buckle down and really make a change.  I took the month of May to prepare and then did several 30 day challenges the month of June and dropped that last 20lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.


This time, things are going to be different and more difficult.  I gained 10lbs over the 15 month period between this last picture and getting pregnant again.  I *only* gained 40lbs this pregnancy, but I didn't eat that bad.  My eating habits are still pretty good and only need a little fine tuning, with cutting out sweets and more carbs.  I am only 5 weeks postpartum, but the weight sits so different on me this time.  I don't think I look like I need to lose as much weight as I do.  I am sitting at 200lbs (15lbs heavier than the May, 2013 photo) and am still wearing maternity pants because my postpartum pants from last pregnancy still don't fit.  



Now begins my journey to getting my body back where I want it to be.  I probably wont get back to size Sm/Md shirts and size 5-7 in Juniors pants, like I was before becoming a Mom.  But that's ok.  That was a long time ago...


July 2010 1 day before finding out I was pregnant



No comments:

Post a Comment