Monday, June 3, 2013

Quinoa Tuna Cakes

Another big hit tonight Quinoa Tuna Cakes.  I had cooked up the last of my Quinoa a couple days ago and threw it in the fridge.  I had planned to make a berry snack out of it, but never got around to it.  I knew I needed to use it.  So how do you make Quinoa into a delicious dinner?  Add Tuna, make a patty and bake! This was AMAZINGLY good.  It's like a crab cake, but better.  And with Tuna.  I cannot tell you how excited I get when I try something new and it turns out delicious.  You all need to try this.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cooked Quinoa
  • 1 can Tuna
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion (or to taste)
  • 1 Garlic clove
  • 1 Egg
  • Cilantro (I found more was better than less, maybe a good handful)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Topping:
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Lemon Juice
  • Avocado
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Mix Ingredients together, if too runny add small amount of flour.
  • Use a large spoon to scoop mixture and form into cake on baking sheet (greased or silpat)
  • Bake 25-30 minutes
  • Mix Lemon Juice with Yogurt and put a dollop onto cake, then a slice of Avocado
This made 4 cakes, 2 per serving.  Each serving was just over 300 Calories, 22g Protein, 10g Fat and 27g Carbs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment