Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week Two Done... On To Week Three!

Life is keeping me pretty busy, I'm not posting as much as I'd like to be but I am making sure that I post all my interesting meals!  Generally through the day what I eat isn't anything too exciting.  Fruit, Veggies, Eggs.  You know the drill.  I am happy to announce that at the halfway mark weigh in, I am down 5lbs!  Two weeks of eating Whole Foods, never feeling hungry, always satisfied but not stuffed.  Hopefully the next two weeks will prove just as successful!

We spent $100.53 on groceries last week.  I had to buy a bit more chicken (my husband is now eating chicken with lunch instead of processed lunch meat), Mangos, Tomatoes, Bananas (I actually bought Bananas 4 separate times!), Corn, Potatoes,  Garlic, Cucumbers, Onions and more Almond Milk (which is carried over into this week).

To start this week off, I spent $42.50 at Blissfully Organic Co-Op.  I spent $22.50 on my normal share and then bought 3 doz Free Range Eggs for $8.50 and the other $11.50 on a bunch of extra goodies.


Then I spent $14.29 at Safeway on some 7ish lbs chicken and a couple cans of tuna.

At Winco I spent $7.06 on 1 eggplant, 2 bunches of Spinach and 2 Cantalope.  Seems a little expensive when you compare to the Co-Op picture above...  :)

Next week I am considering trying out the little produce stand a few miles away instead of my CSA share.  Haven't decided yet, I need to see if it will be cheaper or not.  I love the surprise of CSAs, but since everything is ALL Organic, while it's a great price, it is a bit more expensive and I generally still have to go buy more produce.  We'll see though.

So, to start the week I've already spent $63.85.  But we shouldn't need too much more, aside from bananas.  and almond milk.  I'd really like to cut down our budget to $75 a week, but that's gonna take some extra figuring out.  Anyway, here's to a great start of week three!

No comments:

Post a Comment