Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week 4 Done... On to Week 5!

I started the week spending $44.06 on Produce and Chicken.  I of course ended up buying more produce, milk, yogurt, cheese and a bag of organic tortilla chips and a couple other small things for my son.  My total for the week in groceries was $75.15!  Woo hoo!  Shaved $25 off this week.  :)  Though I did have a bit of stuff leftover from the last week.  But I'm going to see if I can keep this up and maybe even get down to $50 a week.

So, to start this week out!  I bought a few things Thursday that obviously will mostly be used this week, so I split the cost up between the two weeks.  I have Potatoes, Milk, Broccoli, Ginger Root, Apples and Onion that added $4.61 to this week.

Today I bought:

15+lbs of Chicken for $14.85

$21.59 on Fresh Produce ($4.22 for Watermelon!)

FREE

$2.93 for Olive Oil

So, to start the week I've spent $43.98!  And that chicken is going to last us a few weeks!  Yipee!  

My poor husband didn't realize that although I've been calling this a "30 Day Challenge" that I was going to KEEP going with this lifestyle after the 30 days.  I think I will reward him by having pizza sometime this week.  He's been such a trooper through all this with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment