Thursday, June 13, 2013

Salad is my Go To for lunch

There's nothing quite like a fresh salad for lunch.  It's something you can make ahead of time and take to work with you or out to the park for a picnic lunch.  I love salads (even though my husband says they look like I shook a tree on them).  It's a great way to get your greens, eat only Whole Foods and they are so good.  You can pretty  much put anything on a salad.

Yesterday I had Red Leaf Lettuce, Black Beans, Fresh Corn, Tomatoes, Green Onion, Red Onion, Cilantro and Balsamic Vinegar.  (Please stay away from salad dressing.  If you make your salad right, you don't need it)



Today I made my salad with Red Leaf Lettuce, Chicken, Red and Green Onions, Cilantro and Lime Juice.



You can tell what I have in the kitchen based off what is on my salad.  And salads are packed full of good stuff for you but have a low calorie count.  You just can't go wrong.  And because they are so versatile, it doesn't get to have a salad every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment