Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quinoa, Mango and Black Bean Salad

Last night I threw the last 2 chicken breasts into the crock pot, intending one for my husband to take to work and the other for me to have for lunch.  However, I forgot to leave a note letting my husband know that was the plan and he took both.  Well shoot, there goes my plan for lunch.

I had a little bit of Mango left that I knew needed to be used.  What is a great lunch dish with Mango...  Ah ha, Mango Quinoa Salad.  Perfect, I jump online and Swag Searched for some ideas (I didn't win any Swagbucks, but I've already won 21 today so that's ok).  I came across this recipe.  Quinoa, Mango and Black Bean Salad.  Perfect!  I made a few small adjustments based on what I had on hand and halved it because it's just for me.  Here's what I did.

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup Red Quinoa
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 1/8 cup Fresh Orange Juice
  • 1 TB White Wine Vinegar
  • 1 tsp Olive Oil
  • 1-2 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup Mango Cubes
  • 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup Black Beans
I followed the directions from the original recipe.  Wow, SO amazing!  This is a great dish to make ahead of time and take to work with you too.  This was a little over 300 calories and oh so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment