Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 5 Recap and Shopping Trip

So I did a bit better today on my calories, only 335 left to spare at the end of the day!

For breakfast I had a Green Smoothie, for snacks I had Bananas, Cantaloupe, Cauliflower, Carrots, Apples and a little bit of my son's cereal that he fed me (no, it wasn't a whole foods but it was pretty darn delicious).

I went to Trader Joe's for the first time today to check it out.  Spent $6.32 on more bananas, yams and Quinoa.

Tonight I went to Safeway to use some coupons and take advantage of their Dairy Deal.  My son drinks Almond Milk like it's going out of style, so that is a big expense around here.  Needless to say I was ecstatic when I ended up with this shopping deal...


I had a Just4U Safeway coupon for an additional $0.75 off the Silk, the Rice Dream was 50% off of $2.49 and I had a $2/1 coupon (which ended up giving me $0.76 back), Just4U coupons for the Chobani making them $1.89 then $1/1 coupons for each, making them only $0.89!  The bell peppers were 2/$1.  The dip Greek Yogurt dip is for my husband and was marked 50% off of $3.99, but it also had a $1/1 coupon attached to it!  Basically, I paid for the 4 Almond Breeze milks and the rest was free (the price for those are $2.99 each).  I forgot how much I love couponing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment