Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1, Meal 1 & 2

I have never liked breakfast.  I used to actually not eat breakfast.  I don't really like breakfast foods, sure pancakes and waffles are great but it's just bread so it fills you up with sugar and carbs.  Eggs, honestly I could do without.  Though they are very good for you.  Bacon, I do love me some bacon.  But it is oh, so bad for you.  Cereals never worked because I don't like any kind of milk and hot cereals are boring.  I could go on, I just don't like breakfast.  So this is going to be the hardest meal for me.  It is indeed, the most important meal of the day, especially when trying to lose weight.  It is important to eat within 2 hours of getting up to get your metabolism going.  If you go too long without eating, your body will start hoarding what it gets as it goes into semi-starvation mode.  And that is not what you want when you are trying to lose weight.  So lately I have either been eating fruit, drink juice, eating Belvita crackers or Zone bars.  But now that I'm on my whole foods diet, I am going to try my best to have an actual breakfast everyday.  So, bear with me while I get the hang of this "breakfast" thing.

I will be eating 3-5 small meals a day, so I am not going to call them Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner but simply what number meal it is for me that day.  Eating 5 smaller meals a day is better for you and better for losing weight.

Day 1, Meal 1

















Ok, it's not very pretty but it tasted good :)

  • Onions
  • Mushrooms
  • Spinach
  • Garlic
  • 2 Eggs
  • Balsamic Vinegar
That was 178 Calories.

Then as my second meal I had
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • 1/4 cup Organic Raisins
That was 289 calories.  I always forget how many calories fruit has :)

Total Calories so far: 467

No comments:

Post a Comment