Friday, May 31, 2013

30 Days to a Healthier, Happier, Thinner Me! Starts Tomorrow!



I've been pretty quiet the last few days as I'm getting ready for my challenge.  But you will be hearing a lot from me starting tomorrow!  Here are my goals:


  • Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day
  • Eat a (mostly) whole foods diet*
  • Drink 1 Green Smoothie a day
  • Incorporate the 30 Day Ab Challenge & 30 Day Squat Challenge**
  • Use MyFitnessPal to track what I eat (I will also track Fat, Carbs, Protein and Vitamins)
  • Stay within my budget (eating healthy does not have to be expensive!)
  • Lose 6lbs (2lbs a week is the maximum recommended amount)
  • Have fun doing it!

*There are some things I already know I will eat that may not technically be "whole foods" such as Quinoa, Oats and other grains.  The goal is to change my diet to as many whole foods as possible.  I am not going to be so strict I can't have a bowl of plain popcorn on movie night.  It's not really practical for me (or anyone else in my opinion) to eat a strict, 100% "Whole Foods" diet.  I think you could be successful for a short period of time but you'll have a higher chance of failure if you get too strict (If I need a bite of a Hershey's chocolate bar at the end of a bad day, by golly I'm going to have one.  Just as long as it's not a regular thing).

**The 30 Day Ab Challenge and 30 Day Squat Challenge.  Now, I am pretty out of shape.  I haven't been to a gym since 2006.  I own a treadmill, but it's in storage while we are living in an apartment.  I have a 2 year old, a 5 month old and a husband in the Military.  So, finding time to go to a gym is pretty much impossible.  I'm pretty confident I can do the Squat Challenge but I am not so confident for the AB Challenge.  I am using these are guidelines, somewhere for me to start.  As long as I do SOMETHING every day, I am happy.  Hey, it beats doing nothing right?  I am also going to try to incorporate some simple arm exercises.  I haven't found any "Challenges" for arms but I did find this Pilates video "Sleek and Sexy Arms for Beginners".  She makes me laugh but it is a great workout for your arms.  My goal is to do this at least once a week, hopefully more but it will depend on how much time my kids let me have. :)






























My husband will not be going on this adventure with me, though we will eat the same dinners.  I'm sure he will add extra things to it (Cheese, salad dressing, etc).  He eats pretty healthy so I'm not really worried about him.  My 2 year old will not be eating everything I eat either.  I don't care what he eats, at this point I'm just happy he eats.  :)  When he is older, I'm hoping that leading by example, he will begin to eat a more whole foods diet with me.  But for now, he is 2 and I'm not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment